In accordance with the guidelines of the Department of Higher Education, Government of Uttar Pradesh, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University has implemented the New Education Policy-2020 from the academic session 2021-22. As per this, the semester system (six- month program) has been implemented at the undergraduate Level.
The highlights of the current academic session for the Undergraduate courses following NEP 2020, are as follows:
- The Bachelor's degree course will consist of three academic years - 2 semesters per year, for a total of six semesters.
- Each academic session will consist of two semesters:
According to the rules laid down by Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University, it is mandatory for the candidate to fulfil the following criteria for promotion to the next semester:
- BA I (2022 - 23) will consist of two semesters- first semester and second semester. Students who pass both the semesters- I and II exam 2022-23 will be awarded a one- year 'Certificate' by the University.
- BA II (2023 - 24) will consist of two semesters- third and fourth semester. Students who pass both the semesters-III and IV in 2023 - 24 will be awarded a 'Diploma' by the University.
- BA III (2024 - 25) will consist of two semesters- fifth and sixth semester. Students who pass both the semesters - V and VI in 2024 – 25 will awarded the 'Bachelor's degree by the University.
Students have to compulsorily study the following subjects:
- minimum attendance,
- qualifying the internal assessment and
- passing the university examination
- Three Major Subjects in each semester which are chosen at the time of admission in Semester I : Major 1, Major 2, Major 3.
- One Minor / Elective Paper: One Minor/ Optional Question Paper per academic year.
- Vocational / Skill Development Paper in I, II, III, IV semester
- Co-Curricular Subject per semester as prescribed in the NEP syllabus
A. Three Major Subjects
- Students must select Two Major subjects from the courses offered by the faculties in the college.
- Student must opt for the Third Major subject from the same Faculty or other Faculty.
B. Minor/Elective Paper: Secondary/ Optional Question Paper
Students must select one Minor/Elective Paper in each academic year from the subjects offered as per the rules given below -
- In case a student selects the Third Major subject from their own Faculty, the Fourth Minor Paper (Minor Elective Paper) is required to be selected from another Faculty.
- In case a student selects the Third Major subject from another faculty, the Fourth Minor Paper (Minor Elective Paper) is required to be selected from their own Faculty or another Faculty.
- In every scenario, the Third Major Subject and the Fourth Minor Paper (Minor Elective Paper) is required to be selected from another Faculty.
C. A Vocational/Skill Development Subject/Paper
Compulsory in first semester, second semester, third semester and fourth semester
A Three- Credit Vocational Course / Skill Development Course is compulsory in each of the first four semesters (I semester, II semester, III semester and IV semester).
The student can also opt for a online vocational course from the list of online courses available on the UGC SWAYAM/MOOCS Portal after their admission and enroll in it. They must provide complete details of the selected online course to the college.
D. One Compulsory Co-Curricular Subject
Students has to select a Co-curricular Subject/Paper per semester as prescribed in the NEP syllabus.