Sahu Ram Swaroop Girls Degree College is an aided college, affiliated to Mahatama Jyotiba Phuley Rohilkhand University, Bareilly. The college was established by late Sahu Ram Swaroop Ji, in the memory of his late father Shri Sahu Gopi Nath Ji, as a junior high school in 1955 and was named Sahu Gopinath Girls College. Showing remarkable performance, it grew to become a degree college in 1965 and in 1980-81 achieved the status of a post graduate college. Today, approximately 2400 students gain education here.
As per the decision of the Sahu Ram Swaroop Dharmarth trust, the degree college was renamed after its founder, Sahu Ram Swaroop ji. Thus, the graduate and the post graduate section was legally named "Sahu Ram Swaroop Mahila Mahavidyalaya".
The degree college is recognized under the rule 2(F) and 12 (B) of UGC, New Delhi and is the recipient of various grants.
In the academic session 2004-05 the college accreditited B+ grade by NAAC in the first cycle. The college was reaccredited in second cycle by NAAC on 20 Feb 2014. (CGPA 2.54, Grade B). The college holds a place of pride not only in Bareilly but also in the list of educational institutions affiliated to MJP Rohilkhand University.